Due to continued success, growth, and new services, vacancies have arisen in our ISO 17025 accredited chemical laboratory at Odiham, Hampshire. These are for permanent, full time positions across all levels ranging from opportunities for inexperienced entry level technicians, to more senior chemists requiring technical backgrounds and commercial laboratory analytical experience. For the right candidates, positions have scope for career development and advancement within the laboratory.
The work involves preparation and testing samples of oil, lubricants, fuel, etc., and for senior positions reporting of the results to clients, in line with Quality Assurance Standards. Full on-the-job training and instruction required to carry out these duties will be provided. Some of the duties are listed below:
- preparation of chemical solvent and control/calibration of samples;
- preparation of test samples and sample testing;
- maintaining quality control checks;
- interpreting test results;
- maintaining good laboratory practices and assisting with general housekeeping duties;
- disposal of used chemicals and test samples.
We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic, motivated, with a willingness to learn, who are able to use their initiative, and think independently. The successful candidate should:
- have an interest in chemistry - for more senior positions should have a degree in a scientific discipline, normally chemistry;
- for senior positions should normally have a technical background and analytical experience in the oil industry and commercial laboratories;
- be a careful and methodical worker;
- be able to work to deadlines;
- have neat handwriting and a good standard of both Maths and English;
- be PC literate, and have some experience in the use of Microsoft Office;
- be able to work in a team and to communicate with all levels of staff; and for more senior positions, clients;
- be familiar with and committed to quality assurance.
Normally, the 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day, will be worked as a day shift Monday to Friday. However, the work will also be arranged to cover different shifts on a rota basis: Saturday working with a weekday off in lieu (one week in four), and late shift working up to 10:00 pm (one week in four, weekdays only). Alternatively, other fixed-permanent Very Early and Very Late shifts are available working: Monday to Friday, 5:00 am to 1:30 pm, and 3:30 pm to 00:00 am (midnight), respectively. Whilst working the Very Early shift, an allowance equivalent to an additional 2.5 hours per week shall be paid, and whilst working the Very Late shift, an allowance equivalent to an additional 5 hours per week shall be paid.
You will be joining a stable and well-established organisation in state-of-the-art offices offering a very comfortable working environment with a purpose built laboratory facility. In the busy laboratory and your day-to-day tasks, over time you will have the opportunity to use a variety of test methods and equipment. Other benefits include annual leave 28 days rising to 33 days pa pro-rata (inclusive of Bank/Public holidays), work related contributory pension scheme, free Wi-Fi, and on-site parking. Further details are available at www.spectro-oil.com/laboratory-services.html.
Please apply with your latest detailed CV, a covering note, and an indication of your salary expectations, via email to: email@example.com.BACK